VACANCY: LONG TERM VOLUNTEER – END OF FEBRUARY 2022
First Aid Support Team (FAST) needs an experienced, qualified healthcare professional or first aider to coordinate our first aid service for refugees and migrants in Calais, Dunkirk and (possibly) Brussels for a minimum of 3 months. This is a voluntary position. We welcome people who have:
• Extensive experience delivering first aid, particularly wound care
• A professional, kind and thorough approach to patient care
• Experience working abroad with vulnerable people, preferably refugees
• The health and resilience to cope with the demands of a challenging environment
• The skills and confidence to lead our work on the ground with a high degree of autonomy, but always within the limits of your competence and following the direction of FAST
• Strong planning, organisational, problem solving and leadership skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A high degree of personal integrity
• The ability to speak fluently English, and preferably at least basic level of French
• A clean driving license and be comfortable driving a left hand drive car
The role includes: working first aid shifts, acting as a contact point for volunteers focusing on coordination, managing schedules and managing first aid supplies, liaising with other NGOs, and maintaining regular contact with the other FAST coordinators. As you will be acting as one of the coordinators of FAST, you will be expected to contribute to discussions and regular online meetings of the coordinators and to generally contribute to FAST’s continuous improvement and development.
FAST works solely with volunteers, in the field, the board and the coordinator team. We will pay a contribution towards living expenses.
For more information and to apply, please email to email@example.com